Now you can enjoy perfectly glazed ham without added sugar! Our baked ham with it’s simple 4 ingredient orange and spice glaze is easy enough for a casual weekend dinner or meal prep session and elegant enough for holiday feasts.
Author: The Real Food Dietitians
Recipe type: Main Entree
- 4-5lb. Pederson’s Natural Farms No-sugar Uncured Smoked Boneless Ham (or other fully-cooked ham)
- ½ cup water
For the Glaze:
- ¾ cup frozen orange juice concentrate, slightly thawed
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ tsp. dried ground ginger (recommend Pure Indian Foods)
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 325℉. Position oven rack in the lower ⅓ of the oven.
- Unwrap ham and place sliced side down on a rack in roasting pan. Add ½ cup water to bottom of pan. Place a sheet of parchment paper over the ham then cover with aluminum foil.
- Place pan in oven and roast 45 minutes.
- While ham is in the oven, prepare glaze by adding orange juice, water, ginger and cloves to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat then simmer until reduced to roughly half and glaze is slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- After 45 minutes, remove ham from oven and uncover. Spoon or brush some of the glaze over ham. Return ham to oven uncovered.
- Continue to spoon or brush remaining glaze over the ham every 15 minutes until a thermometer inserted in the center of the ham registers 140℉.
- Remove ham from oven and allow to rest, covered, for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.