Cooking Spiral Sliced Ham, Orange Glazed Ham Recipe
Author: The Real Food Dietitians
Recipe type: Main Entree, Spiral Sliced Ham
Cuisine: Whole30 Recipe
Does the idea of cooking a spiral sliced ham have you feeling overwhelmed? Don't worry, we're here to help. This post will show you how to cook a pre cooked (fully cooked) spiral sliced boneless ham using our orange glazed ham recipe. Not only is it easy to make, but it's also delicious and perfect for feeding a large crowd. So, what are you waiting for? Let's get started!
HAM RECIPES INGREDIENTS
- 4-5lb. Pederson’s Natural Farms No-sugar Uncured Smoked Boneless Spiral Sliced Ham
- ½ cup water
HAM GLAZE INGREDIENTS
¾ cup frozen orange juice concentrate, slightly thawed
⅓ cup water
¼ tsp. dried ground ginger (recommend Pure Indian Foods)
⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 325℉. Position the oven rack in the lower ⅓ of the oven.
- Unwrap ham and place sliced side down on a rack in roasting pan. Add ½ cup of water to the bottom of the pan. Place a sheet of parchment paper over the ham, then cover with aluminum foil.
- Place pan in the oven and roast for 45 minutes.
- While ham is in the oven, prepare glaze by adding orange juice, water, ginger, and cloves to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, then simmer until reduced to roughly half and the glaze is slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- After 45 minutes, remove ham from the oven and uncover. Spoon or brush some of the glaze over the ham. Return ham to oven uncovered.
- Continue to spoon or brush the remaining glaze over the ham every 15 minutes until a thermometer is inserted in the center of the ham registers 140℉.
- Remove ham from oven and allow to rest, covered, for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
When it comes to fully cooked ham, the key is not to overcook it. Otherwise, you risk drying it out.
This ham glaze is a sweet, sticky sauce that is brushed onto ham before it is baked. The glaze will caramelize during baking, creating a crispy, sweet crust. A ham glaze is not essential for a delicious ham, but it is an extra step that can take your dish to the next level.
This spiral sliced ham is conveniently pre-sliced making it easy to serve!
What to Do With Your Leftover Ham:
• No added sugar Spiral Sliced Ham, just all natural ingredients
• Perfectly glazed without being too sweet
• Easy 4 ingredient orange and spice glaze
• Great for casual weekend dinners or holiday feasts