- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot starch
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp cold ghee
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1lb of Pedersons Natural Farms Ground Breakfast Sausage
- 2 tbs parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Combine almond flour, arrowroot starch and salt.
- Add ghee, combine well until crumbly.
- Add in honey, egg, apple cider vinegar and combine. The dough should be a little stick to touch.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap in a ball.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- In the meantime, combine all the ingredients for the filling into a bowl and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Once dough has been chilled, flatten out and divide into 2 pieces. Roll both into a rectangle with parchment paper in between.
- Spread the meat mixture down the center of one rectangle.
- Take the other rectangle and carefully place it on top of the meat mixture. Press a fork down along the edges to combine.
- Cut the log into pieces that are 1 inch big.
- Brush a whisked egg yolk over the dough.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Enjoy with paleo ketchup.
Meet the recipe creator, Nicole Castley!
Hi there! I’m Nicole, the foodie behind Whole Life Eats. I’ve been on this health journey since 2017, where I first transitioned to a paleo lifestyle. Since then, I’ve completed x3 rounds of Whole30. To maintain balance, I live by an 80/20 rule, where I eat paleo most of the time, but allow for an occasional cheat day (like Thanksgiving!). When I’m not in the kitchen crafting and perfecting my recipes or taking a workout with one of my favorite instructors, you can find me at my day job as an Associate Producer for Walt Disney Studios in Creative Advertising. Originally from Melbourne, Australia, I’ve lived in Los Angeles for 10 years where I continue to live a paleo lifestyle.
My home country will always have a place in my heart, and something I miss dearly is the food. Although this isn’t a holiday dish in Australia, it is comfort food that reminds me of home, especially during the holidays while away from my family. These sausage rolls provide me with comfort and are a fun twist to Thanksgiving here in America. Everyone LOVES my paleo sausage rolls.