- 3 cups apple cider
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup sugar mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk (more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 lb Pederson's Farms bacon of your choice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Boil 3 cups apple cider on high, stirring often until it reduces to about 1 cup
- Mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix butter, egg, syrup, and cooled apple cider.
- Add liquid mixture into large bowl with dry ingredients and mix until combined (do not over mix)
- Rest in the refrigerator or an hour
- Preheat vegetable oil to 375 degrees
- After an hour, shape into donuts or roll into 1.5 inch donut holes
- Slowly lower into oil and fry for about 2-3 minutes, until golden
- Roll hot donuts into sugar coating and top with icing and bacon topping
- Serve warm! Enjoy!
Meet the recipe creator, Brittany Scott!
Hi! I'm Brittany aka the_salted_bite! I'm a clinician social worker and mom by day and an avid barbecuer by night! This was such a fun recipe to create being able to incorporate the flavors of bacon into traditional holiday flavors. The bacon and apple pair so well together. With a crispy outside and warm, moist on the inside, they definitely didn't last long!