From the blog: Happy Sunday! Sorry I was m.i.a. yesterday. That will happen over the course of the month. But, this weekend is the 6th anniversary for my hubs and I. Well, this go 'round, at least. See, he was my high school/college sweetheart for 4-5 years way back in the day. We went our separate ways for 12 or so years, and now we're blissfully back where we belong. <3
Anyhow, when we woke up yesterday, I made us a super quick & easy paleo breakfast of scrambled eggs and bacon. Nothing fancy, but it most definitely hit the spot! We were just lounging about not doing much. It was cool and rainy here, so there wasn't much to do. After lazing about for a couple hours, I decided, on a whim, that we should go on a date night to a charming little town about an hour away. Sounds nice, right? Innocent enough.
Oh, no, no. It turned into really bad news for my attempt at healthy eating... (Read more HERE)
RECIPE: THE LAZY WIFE'S FRITTATA
- 1 package Pederson's Natural Farms No Sugar Spicy Breakfast Sausage
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed (small cubes)
- 1 cup salsa (check ingredients for sugar)
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- 12 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the breakfast sausage and break it up into "crumbles."
- Immediately add the cubed sweet potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is done.
- In the meantime, crack 12 eggs into a bowl, and beat the eggs with a fork.
- Stir the salsa into the potato and sausage mixture, and add 2 large handfuls of fresh spinach. Continue stirring until spinach starts to wilt. Remove from heat.
- Pour sausage, sweet potato, salsa, & spinach mixture into the bottom of a greased 9"x13" baking dish, and distribute evenly.
- Poor egg mixture over the top.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- After 20 minutes, remove the foil, and bake another 40 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Cut into 8 equal portions, put them in a baggy or container, and enjoy a healthy breakfast for most of the week!
- You can kind of jiggle the pan a little to make sure your eggs are cooked through. If it still jiggles, put it back in the oven for a few.
- If you don't like spinach, leave it out. Throw in some broccoli, mushrooms, or peppers instead. Heck, think of it like an omelet. Put whatever the heck you like in there.