Recipe: Sausage Stuffing
- 1 lb Pederson’s Farms No Sugar Added Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 cup red potato, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease casserole dish and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add potatoes, carrots, onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic to pan. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add sausage and spices to vegetable mixture.
- Cook an additional 10 minutes, or until sausage is fully cooked and no longer pink. Stir and chop sausage up in pan while cooking.
- Transfer contents of skillet to casserole dish.
- Bake in oven, uncovered, about 30 minutes until evenly browned. Serve hot.
About the recipe creator, Samantha Finnegan:
I was diagnosed with PCOS and Celiac disease at age 16 and have been eating gluten free and paleo ever since. Frugal & Fit is a completely gluten free and allergy friendly blog that specializes in traveling with food allergies.
I choose this recipe for stuffing because it reminds me of home. My grandfather has been making this stuffing recipe for every Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner that I can remember. He grew up with it too and long before "paleo" was popular and keto was hip, my grandpa was making and eating this amazingly flavorful version of a classic holiday dish. It's very popular now, in a family with multiple food allergies and dietary restrictions!