One-Pot Salsa Pork Chops
by Jean Choi
1 lb Pederson’s Farms Boneless Thick-Cut Pork Chops
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 tbsp ghee, plus more if needed
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 cup your favorite salsa
2 tsp coconut sugar (omit for Whole30)
1. Pat dry the pork chops well with a paper towel, and lightly season both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Heat ghee in a skillet over medium high heat. Add pork chops to the skillet and pan fry for 2-3 minutes per side until browned.
3. Remove the pork from the skillet then set aside.
4. Add more ghee to the skillet if there isn’t any left after cooking the pork.
5. Add garlic and diced bell pepper, and cook stirring for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and softened.
6. Pour in the salsa and coconut sugar, and deglaze the bottom of the skillet by scraping with a wooden spoon.
7. Add the pork chops back in the skillet, nestling them in the salsa mixture.
8. Cover, turn down the heat to medium low, then simmer for 3-5 minutes until the pork is cooked through.
9.Sprinkle with cilantro, then serve.