INGREDIENTS FOR GRAVY:
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 4 TBSP almond flour
- 16 OZ Pederson's Farm No Sugar Added Spicy Breakfast Sausage, thawed
- 1 CUP water
- 1 1/2 CUPS whole milk
- Salt to taste
INGREDIENTS FOR KETO BISCUITS:
- 4 Eggs, divided
- 5 TBSP unsalted butter, divided
- 12 TBSP almond flour, divided
- 2 TSP baking powder, divided
- salt to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a medium sized dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until browning, about 10 minutes.
- Add 4 tbsp of almond flour, and stir to coat the sausage. Cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the water and milk, scraping any brown bits off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Lower the heat to medium, and simmer for about 25 minutes until thickened. Once done, taste and season with salt/pepper as needed.
- While the gravy is cooking, make the microwavable keto biscuits. Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a ramekin. Allow it to cool for a minute, before adding 1 egg to the ramekin, and a pinch of salt. Whisk with a fork, then add 3 tbsp of almond flour and 1/2 tsp of baking powder to the ramekin. Whisk well until there are no clumps.
- Microwave the ramekin for 90 seconds until puffed. Invert onto a cutting board and allow to sit for a few minutes, as it will be spongy. Repeat the process 3 more times, until you have 4 large biscuits.
- Cut the biscuits in half. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of unsalted butter in a skillet, and toast each side of the biscuits until golden brown.
- Plate the biscuits and pour the sausage gravy over the top. Enjoy!
Meet the recipe creator, Liz Murray!
My name is Liz Murray, and I am a food blogger from Rhode Island. I am currently 9 months pregnant, and recently found out that I have gestational diabetes. I chose to make keto biscuits with sausage gravy using Pederson's Farm no sugar added ground Italian sausage, because even though I have to cut back on carbs and sugar, I still enjoy a nice savory dish around the holidays. This recipe is perfect for anyone cutting carbs and sugar, but who is still wanting to feel indulgent around the holidays. So while everyone else is chowing down on mashed potatoes and pecan pies, you can still feel included by enjoying this delectable and wholesome dish!