- 1 lb. Halibut cut into 4 oz pieces
- 4 slices of Pederson’s Natural Farms bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chives for garnish
- 3 cups of trimmed green beans
- Heat oven to 425.
- While the oven heats up, cook your bacon on the stove over medium heat. Do NOT discard the bacon fat. When the bacon is done place it on a paper towel lined plate to drain the fat. Once the bacon has hardened, crumble into bite size pieces and set aside for topping.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray and lay out your 4 oz. halibut cuts, skin side down, in the baking dish.
- Season halibut with a pinch of salt, pepper and one lemon wedge squeezed and juiced over all 4 pieces of fish.
- Bake the halibut for 10-12 minutes until done and easily flakes with a fork. Time will vary depending on the thickness of your cuts.
- While the fish is cooking, put your green beans back into the pan of bacon grease over medium heat. Season with pepper and sauté until they’re soft and cooked through. 7-10 minutes over medium heat. To add some spice, dust with cayenne pepper to taste.
- While the fish and green beans are cooking, prep your cream sauce. In a bowl mix mayo, parmesan, garlic, dill, pinch of salt and pepper and the juice of 1 lemon wedge. Add more salt and pepper to taste as needed.
- When the fish is done cooking, remove from the oven and top each piece with an equal size spoonful of the cream sauce. Put your spoonful in the middle and do not smooth it across the fish.
- Turn your oven to broil and broil the fish for approximately 2 minutes until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with crumbled bacon, chives and serve with your bacon roasted green beans.
Come join me over at @ohsnapmacros for more delicious recipes!
About the creator:
Hi, I’m Danielle from @ohsnapmacros. I’m a self-proclaimed foodie, wife, and mom to two beautiful little girls on a journey to feel my best inside and out! I live in what I believe is one of the most beautiful places in the world, Alaska! I have a passion for cooking and feel like I thrive in the kitchen especially when something turns out to be extraordinary. I find joy in creating new and exciting recipes with everyday easily accessible ingredients and passing on these creations to you and my family.
One dish that frequents our table is fresh fish!! Whenever we have friends and family visit from the lower 48 we always serve fresh salmon or halibut that we’ve caught ourselves. Fishing is a tradition in our family and one that is passed on generation to generation. This summer my 3-year-old caught her first THREE rock fish which was a very exciting moment with her dad and grandpa out on the boat!
This halibut dish is one you’ll be able to enjoy any time of year. It’s creamy and packed full of flavor. Serve with a side of bacon grease, roasted green beans and wah-lah, you’ve got one amazing meal!