- 1 medium butternut squash, spiralized or thinly sliced (or cut into thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler)
- 2-4 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil, divided (such as Primal Kitchen)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 oz. Pederson’s Natural Farms Kielbasa, cut into slices ¼ -inch thick
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and roughly chopped (about 4 cups)
- Sea salt to taste
- Crushed red pepper, optional
- Shredded parmesan cheese, optional - omit for Whole30
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp. avocado oil. Once oil is hot add butternut squash noodles and saute for 2-3 minutes. Then add 2 Tbsp. water and cover for 10 minutes or until squash noodles are tender (not overly soft/mushy). Add additional water as needed to prevent noodles from burning. Remove squash noodles from heat and transfer to a plate or bowl.
- To the same skillet over medium-high heat add remaining 1 Tbsp. avocado oil. Once oil is hot, add red onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Next add mushrooms and garlic and saute for another 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms start to soften and give off moisture. Add kielbasa and continue to cook until kielbasa is heated through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the kale to the pan and saute until kale is wilted then toss in the butternut squash noodles and heat through.
- For more heat, add a sprinkle of crushed red pepper. Salt to taste.
Serving size: ⅕th recipe Calories: 450 Fat: 27g Carbohydrates: 30g Sugar: 7g Sodium: 757mgFiber: 7g Protein: 20g