Bacon Pie a La Mode
2 cups flour
¼ cup butter divided
½ cup sugar
¼ tsp salt
4 eggs lightly beaten
1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup light corn syrup
½ cup honey
¼ cup chopped pecans
12 slices of Pederson's Natural Farms Bacon
2 tbsp minced bacon
1 tsp vanilla
A scoop of favorite ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Cook bacon slices until crisp coarsely chop and set aside In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and salt.
3. Cut in ¾ c of butter with a pastry blender
4. Mix well until mixture resembles fine crumbs
5. Add 1 tbsp of minced bacon
6. Press mixture evenly into a well-greased 9x13 pan
7. Bake crust for 20 minutes or until lightly brown
8. Place beaten eggs into a large mixing bowl
9. In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar corn syrup, honey, ½ c butter
10. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat stirring constantly for 2 minutes
11. Remove mixture from heat
12. Slowly whisk ½ c of the hot mixture into the eggs to temper them
13. Add remaining hot mixture into the egg mixture
14. Stir in the chopped pecans, remaining minced bacon, and vanilla
15. Pour filling over the crust
16. Sprinkle lightly with cayenne
17. Bake for 35 minutes or until set in the center
18. Let cool
19. Serve with a scoop of ice cream and garnish with candied bacon! Enjoy!
TEAM SWINE ME, DINE ME
Team Swine Me, Dine Me hails from Aledo, Texas and has been participating at Bacon Bash for several years. The veteran team was the first to win Bacon Bash Texas two years in a row, both 2018 and 2019!
Team Swine Me, Dine Me hails from Aledo, Texas and has been participating at Bacon Bash for several years.
The veteran team was the first to win Bacon Bash Texas two years in a row, both 2018 and 2019!