Bacon Onion Burgers
by Cristina Curp
1 pack Pederson’s Sugar Free Bacon
2 Vidalia onions
2 tablespoon grass fed butter or ghee
1 teaspoon dried rosemary needles
2 bay leaves
2 pounds Pederson’s 85% lean ground beef
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 ¼ teaspoon fine salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 large egg
1 tablespoon almond meal
Cook The Bacon:
1. Line the bacon on a sheet pan and put it in the oven on the middle rack.
2. Turn the oven on and set to 375F.
3. Let the bacon cook in the oven for about 20 minutes or until it’s very crispy.
4. Drain the fat from the sheet pan, save it for cooking.
5. Use a spatula to lift the bacon off of the sheet pan and set aside.
Cook the Onions (while the bacon is cooking):
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
2. While it comes to temperature, peel and dice the onions.
3. Put 2 tablespoons butter in the skillet, add the onion, bay leaves and rosemary.
4. Cook down, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes, or until the onions are tender and browned. Remove from the heat and let cool.
Make the Burgers:
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. In a large bowl mix together the ground beef, seasonings, egg and almond meal.
3. Chop up the crispy bacon and add it to the burger mix, as well as the onions.
4. Mix well and use a 4-ounce scoop to shape 8 burgers.
5. Roast at 400F for 15-20 minutes until browned, cooked through and sizzling!
6. Serve on your favorite bun, over greens or with an egg on it!