Skip to content
RECIPE: Denver Omelet Cups
- 4 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and grated, then squeezed dry in a kitchen towel
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ of a small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked ham, finely chopped
- 12 large eggs
- Salad greens, for serving
- Heat oven to 475 degrees.
- Brush 12 muffin cups with 1 tablespoon Lemon Garlic.
- Stir together potatoes with 2 tablespoons Lemon Garlic, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Press about 3 tablespoons potatoes into bottoms and around sides of each muffin cup.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon Lemon Garlic in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add onion and pepper to pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Add ham to pan and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons veggie and ham mixture into each muffin cup.
- Crack 1 egg into each muffin cup, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake omelet “muffins” until whites are set and yolks are still runny, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Carefully remove omelet cups from pan and serve with a side salad