JALAPEÑO POPPERS WITH SAUSAGE
8 Large Jalapeños
¾ cup Shredded Cheese
4 oz Cream Cheese
8 Sliced Pederson's Farms Bacon (any variety)
1 Package of No Sugar Added Jalapeño & Cheese Beef Sausage Links (or any Pedersons link sausages)
Do you like it spicy?
1. Coat a few slices of jalapeños with cream cheese and shredded cheddar, then stick a piece of Pederson’s Jalapeño and Cheese Sausage in between them. Just to make sure they stay together, and because we love bacon - we’re going to tie them up with a slice of Pederson’s Hickory Smoked bacon.
2. Chop the ends from the jalapeños, slice them in half, deveined and deseeded.,
3. Take a slice of jalapeño, lather it up with cream cheese, press in a bit of cheddar, and put two of those on either side of a half cut piece of sausage. The goal here is to guarantee a bite of meat for each bite of pepper - and the sausage helps to do that. From there we took a s
4. Take a slice of PNF bacon and wrap it around the jalapeño and sausage sandwich, sticking it in place with a toothpick or two. We found that the addition of sausage made for a nice meat to pepper ratio with one piece of bacon.
5. Put them in the oven on 400°F for about 20 mins, cook them over an open fire, or put them on an enclosed griddle for 20-30 minutes. An oven is the easiest way to make sure they cook evenly. We did ours on a covered griddle.