SWEET POTATO SALAD WITH CHIPOTLE BACON
2 lbs sweet potatoes - I used a mix of white + orange ones!
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 cup chipotle lime mayo
¼ red onion, chopped
¼ cup chopped pickles
¼ cup dill, chopped
¼ cup chives, chopped
3-4 slices Pederson's Farms No Sugar Bacon, cooked, cooled and cut into bacon bits
1 tbsp mustard (dijon or coarse ground)
½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp minced garlic
½ tsp sea salt
pepper to taste
sprinkle of paprika for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into bite-sized cubes and toss them with 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil. Spread them on a prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake them for about 25-30 minutes, until they are easily pierced with a fork.
4. The Bacon: Heat a medium sized skillet on medium heat and cook the bacon until crispy, but not burned - about 5-7 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate and allow it to cool completely before cutting them into small pieces.
5. The Dressing: Combine the mayo, chopped onion, pickles, mustard, apple cider vinegar, garlic, sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper to taste. Stir in the chives and dill last, but make sure to save a little for garnish. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. When the potatoes are done, transfer them to a large bowl and cool them in the refrigerator. (If you don’t let them cool all the way, the dressing will melt!)
7. Once the potatoes have cooled, combine them in a large bowl with the dressing using a spatula, being careful not to mush up the potatoes. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Garnish with the remaining chopped dill, chives, and a little paprika.