AND NEITHER ARE WE.
Over the Years
PEDERSON’S FARMS IS BORN
- With humble small town Texas beginnings, we started with just 2 employees and 3 flavors of bacon.
WORD TRAVELS FAST
- From a 10,000 sq. ft. facility, we are producing 1,200 pounds of bacon per day and distributing nationwide
OUT OF THE ASHES, WE RISE
- Lightning strikes, fire ensues, and production halts (but, only for a day)! After moving to a temporary facility for 147 days, we moved into our new 23,000 sq. ft. facility. Our product offerings now include pork, chicken, turkey, bison, and beef.
EXPANDING OUR PROMISE
- We became USDA Process Verified assuring our consumers that we use no antibiotics, no growth hormones, and no animal by-products. We also become Certified Humane and expand to 15 employees
- 2009 was a year of growth! Sales reach over $10,000,000, we achieved Safe Quality Foods Certification, we expanded our facility, and we launched our sustainability initiative
BASH FOR CHARITY
- Bacon Bash Texas, the world’s largest bacon cook-off, is born! We’ve raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for children with type 1 diabetes and Niki Warms the Cold
LEADING THE WAY
- Pederson’s launches The Original No Sugar Added Hickory Smoked Bacon. This is the first no sugar bacon to be available in stores nationwide
TIME TO LAUNCH
- We launch Nature’s Rancher, a sister brand that is sold exclusively to Whole Foods Market nationwide
ESTABLISHING OUR PROMISE
- To produce superior all natural and organic meat with uncompromised safety, quality, and efficiency.
LOOKING TO THE FUTURE
- With 92 employees, a 23,000 sq. ft production facility, a new distribution facility, over 60 skus, and 600+ retail and food service partners across the United States, we are positioning to accelerate growth in 2021
The best meat, made better: this is what happens when a few cowboys and cowgirls decide to make bacon.
From humble beginnings in 1992, Pederson’s Natural Farms has grown from just two to 92 employees. This year alone, Pederson’s will produce five million pounds of bacon! That equates to 83.5 million slices of bacon, and, when placed end to end, that spans 13,500 miles! It’s enough bacon to go across the United States nearly five times. Whew! That’s a lot of bacon! And it’s all made right here in our Hamilton, Texas production facility.
Our last 20 years have been made up of all-nighters and weekends sacrificed for the betterment of bacon. There’s unbridled innovation that results in five-ingredient bacon that’s defined as much by what isn’t in it as what is. It’s the story of no added sugar, no hormones, no added nitrates or nitrites, no antibiotics, vegetarian-fed, humanely raised, revolutionize-the-market bacon. Though Pederson’s is famous for bacon, we’ve followed that up with a robust line of No Sugar Added hams, sausages, dogs, and deli meat. If you can dream it up, we can bring it to market. We’ve done it with the first shelf-stable meat bars. We’ve done it with The Original No Sugar Added Hickory Smoked Bacon. There’s not a project we aren’t willing to put the time and effort into bringing into reality. All of Pederson’s products are humanely raised, made without the use of artificial ingredients or artificial preservatives, they’re nitrate and nitrite free, MSG-free, gluten-free, and soy-free. Additionally, Pederson’s offers products that are Non-GMO Project Verified, organic, Whole30 Approved, and paleo and keto-friendly. We like to say that we are Making the Best, Better.
Better. To enable better lives for our farmers, our animals, our partners, our team, and YOU. We do this while growing, sourcing, and crafting the finest sustainable meat on the market. This is Pederson’s goal, our mission, our fire, and the reason we wake up every day.
Pederson’s Natural Farms is about products that people put their lives into, and it’s a story about how two local cowboys and a lot of folks that shared their vision and work ethic have taken a small regional company and transformed it into a national competitor. It’s about blessings, a bit of luck, and taking the good you’ve been given and working it into something even better. It’s about giving back and bringing folks together with events like Bacon Bash Texas, the biggest bacon-centric event in the state. It’s about helping kids with Type 1 Diabetes and charities like Niki Warms the Cold. It’s about giving animals the lives they deserve, it’s about ethical and compassionate treatment. Pederson’s Natural Farms hangs its hat on quality at any cost, and that dedication to excellence has continuously propelled our company into new markets and mediums.
This is the story of Pederson’s Natural Farms, where the best is made better. This is a story about saying good riddance to the status quo, getting up after getting knocked down, and shaking up an industry that’d been asleep for too long. This is the story of a small town, proud Texan company making an impact that’s been felt around the world!