Roasted Bone In Chops & Apples
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 3 or 4 bone-in pork fresh pork chops
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp Dijon
- 1 Tbsp fresh or dried sage
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh or dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp fresh or dried thyme
- 2 apples thinly sliced, I used honeycrisp
- 1 medium red onion
- Season pork chops with sea salt and pepper.
- Add 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil to cast iron pan heat over med to med high heat.
- Add pork chops to pan, Sear 4-6 minutes each side
- Remove pork chops to a plate.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp oil to the skillet, add onion and apples.
- Cook 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in your chopped seasonings
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together chicken stock and dijon
- Pour in stock mixture, make sure to mix well stirring mixture frequently
- Place the pork chops back into the pan
- Cook 2-4 minutes, until the chops are done or reached desired cooking temp.
Pedersons Natural Farms