Oven Baked Sweet Potato Toast 4 Ways
From The Real Food Dietitians
The Real Food Dietitians is the passion-driven product of Registered Dietitian Nutritionists Stacie Hassing and Jessica Beacom. They’ve combined their love of nutrition, health and real food with the concepts of ease and convenience to bring you recipes that are big on flavor but short on ingredients.
The Real Food Dietitians
- 1 large sweet potato, washed and dried
- Smoked salmon (Vital Choice is made without sugar)
- Red Onion
- ‘Everything But the Bagel’ Seasoning (optional but awesome!)
- Sliced Radishes
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Lime wedges
- Cashew Butter
- Almond Butter
- Banana Slices
- Crumbled Bacon
- Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350?.
- Place a wire rack on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Trim both ends from the sweet potato using a knife.
- Slice sweet potato lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slabs using a knife or mandolin slicer.
- Arrange slabs in a single layer on the wire rack.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender but not fully cooked (watch to be sure they don’t burn!)
- Remove pan from oven and allow potatoes to cool on wire rack completely before transferring to a lidded container storage container. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Place desired number of sweet potato slices into a toaster or toaster oven. Toast until hot and edges are crispy. Amount of time required will depend on your toaster.