From one of our Whole30 Prep Party hostesses:
“Welcome! Thank you for joining our May Whole30 Meal Prep Party. Today we are making Hashbrown Casserole, Italian Meatballs with Veggie Noodles, Chipotle Chicken Salad, Bison Shepherd’s Pie, and Sausage & Peppers. If you don’t have our shopping list, you can find it here! Make sure to have enough “to-go” boxes handy to send your guests home with their Whole30 Meals! We’ve made and tested all of these recipes and each one of them will make at least 5 servings.”
- 1 lb. Pederson's Farms All Natural Ground Bison
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 oz. tomato paste (about 6 Tbsp.)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Packages CeCe‘s Veggie Noodle Co. Sweet Potato or White Sweet Potato Spirals
- 1 Tbsp. Primal Kitchen California Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a skillet on medium heat add the ground bison, chopped carrots, onions, peppers, mushrooms and minced garlic.
- Cook on medium heat until carrots are soft, about 12-15 minutes. Begin making the topping while the meat filling cooks.
- Once the carrots are soft, stir in tomato paste, water, seasonings, salt and pepper.
- For the topping: Saute the sweet potato spirals until softened. Then add all of the topping ingredients to a food processor (or blender) and process until smooth.
- Final step: transfer the meat filling to a casserole dish (9 x 9 inch dish will work) or 10 inch cast iron skillet and top the meat filling with the sweet potato mash. Dash with sea salt and chili powder.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.