Umami Bacon Kale Salad
From one of our Whole30 Prep Party hostesses:
When I was first introduced to the Whole30, I was experiencing a lot of emotional anxiety and life changes and saw Whole30 as a way to refocus my energy and to make a change in my favorite place, the kitchen.
What I learned was so much more than just about food, even though that’s where it started.
Whole30 helped me take my time, reading labels and rethinking recipes helped me to find the quiet and creativity in my life. Eliminating all the extra and unneeded ingredients that I never knew lurked in the everyday products I ate showed me how to be aware of those things in other parts of my life.
Whole30 helped me care more about my self care. On some level reigniting my own self awareness and strength by showing me the things I could survive and thrive without. Over a year later and after completing the Whole30 4 times, it’s now become my norm. I relish the changes it’s brought to my skin, my digestion, my body, my mental clarity.
Whole30 changed my life and in some ways I am sure, saved it.
- 1 head fresh kale
- 1 whole red onion, chopped
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tribali Foods Umami Patties
- ½ cup The New Primal Classic Marinade
- 1 package Pederson Farms Bacon, cooked crispy
- Your favorite Whole30 Compliant Primal Kitchen Foods Dressing ( I used Lemon Turmeric )
- salt + pepper
- Cook the Pederson Farms Bacon under broiler ( 8 minutes or until crispy)
- Place the Tribalí burgers on the same pan as bacon and coat in marinate.
- Cook burgers according to package directions.
- In large bowl or plate combine kale + tomatoes + onion + bacon.
- Drizzle with Primal Kitchen Dressing.
Optional servings: avocado | hard boiled eggs | jalapeno