Memorial Day Chipotle Bacon Sweet Potato Salad
From one of our Whole30 Prep Party hostesses:
Oh heeey, I’m Dana. A 20-something, fun-sized crossfitter, yogi and food lover who loves to make people laugh (mostly at me). I’m a Nutritionist, Integrative Health Coach, and Entrepreneur, teaching you how to heal and thrive with real food and a paleo lifestyle, one delicious meal at a time.
10 minsPrep Time
35 minsCook Time
45 minsTotal Time
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes - I used a mix of white + orange ones!
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- ? cup chipotle lime mayo
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped pickles
- ¼ c dill, chopped
- ¼ c chives, chopped
- 3-4 slices Pederson's Farms No Sugar Bacon, cooked, cooled and cut into bacon bits
- 1 Tbsp mustard (dijon or coarse ground)
- ½ Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- For serving: a sprinkle of paprika
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into bite-sized cubes and toss them with 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil. Spread them on a prepared baking sheet. Once the oven is hot, pop them in and bake for about 25-30 minutes, until they are easily pierced with a fork.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, make the bacon. Heat a medium sized skillet on medium heat and cook the bacon until crispy, but not burned - about 5-7 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate and allow it to cool completely before chopping it up into bacon bits.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Combine the mayo, chopped onion and pickles, mustard, apple cider vinegar, garlic, sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper to taste. Stir in the chives and dill last, but make sure to save a little for garnish. Stick the dressing in the refrigerator until the potatoes are ready.
- Once the potatoes are done, pull them out of the oven. You can allow them to cool on the stovetop, or once they are cool to the touch, transfer them to a large bowl and cool them in the refrigerator. (If you don’t let them cool all the way, the dressing will totally melt!)
- When the potatoes are cool, combine them in a large bowl with the dressing using a spatula, being careful not to mush up the potatoes. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Garnish with the remaining chopped dill, chives, and a little paprika.