Sausage Egg Muffins
From one of our Whole30 Prep Party hostesses:
When I was first introduced to the Whole30, I was experiencing a lot of emotional anxiety and life changes and saw Whole30 as a way to refocus my energy and to make a change in my favorite place, the kitchen.
What I learned was so much more than just about food, even though that’s where it started.
Whole30 helped me take my time, reading labels and rethinking recipes helped me to find the quiet and creativity in my life. Eliminating all the extra and unneeded ingredients that I never knew lurked in the everyday products I ate showed me how to be aware of those things in other parts of my life.
Whole30 helped me care more about my self care. On some level reigniting my own self awareness and strength by showing me the things I could survive and thrive without. Over a year later and after completing the Whole30 4 times, it’s now become my norm. I relish the changes it’s brought to my skin, my digestion, my body, my mental clarity.
Whole30 changed my life and in some ways I am sure, saved it.
- 8-9 large eggs
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 package Pederson’s No Sugar Mild Breakfast Sausage Links, diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt + pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, coat a muffin tin with avocado oil.
- Brown the ground sausage in pan over medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and then add in the sausage, spinach, salt + pepper.
- Pour mixture into the muffin tins, filling ¾ of the way.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from tin.
- Serve with avocado and hot sauce, nutritional yeast