Real Food with Dana
Oh heeey, I’m Dana. A 20-something, fun-sized crossfitter, yogi and food lover who loves to make people laugh (mostly at me). I’m a Nutritionist, Integrative Health Coach, and Entrepreneur, teaching you how to heal and thrive with real food and a paleo lifestyle, one delicious meal at a time.
Sweet Potato Ranch Dip with Bacon
⅓ cup Primal Kitchen Foods Ranch Dressing
1 medium/large baked sweet potato, cooled
1-2 slices Pederson’s Fully Cooked Smoked Bacon
1-2 Tbsp Homemade Ranch Seasoning*
- 1 Tbsp dried minced onion
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
Sea salt & pepper, to taste
Fresh chopped dill or chives, for garnish
Sliced cucumber, carrots, or peppers, for dipping
Optional: hot sauce (or buffalo sauce)
- Peel the baked sweet potato and put it in the food processor with the ranch. Pulse until blended to a smooth consistency.
- Sprinkle 1-2 Tbsp of the ranch seasoning on top (Start with 1 Tbsp, taste, and then add more if you like!), and then pulse a few times again until the seasoning is blended in.
- Want a thinner dip? Add more ranch (duh) or a tiny bit of water (2 Tbsp at a time), until you reach your desired consistency.
- Chop the bacon into little bits. Transfer the dip to a bowl and sprinkle the bacon bits + chopped herbs on top.
- Serve with chopped raw veggies and some hot sauce, if you dare!
Notes: *This Ranch seasoning will make more than you need for this recipe. Just save it for later!
Feel free to sub any Pederson’s bacon here, just make sure you cook it and chop it into bacon bits before adding to the dip!
Don’t have PKF Ranch on hand? Easy. Use their Avocado Oil Mayonnaise to make my Homemade Ranch, and use that in place of the PKF ranch in the recipe.