*Recipe Courtesy of: Oleander + Palm
- 1 lb ground Pederson’s Sausage
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can of chopped green chilies
- 1 can black beans
- 1 tomato
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1 bag of corn chips
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute ground beef and onion until beef is browned and cooked through.
- Pour in undrained beans and water. Stir in chili powder, cumin, and salt Let simmer for 10 - 15 minutes or until mixture is thick and water has cooked down and mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Begin assembly by placing the tortilla chips in a 12 inch or larger cast iron skillet. Spread the meat and bean mixture on top of the nachos. Sprinkle with cheese. At this point place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes to melt the cheese if desired. If assembling at a campsite, cover with aluminum foil and put on the campfire for a couple minutes instead.
- Top with tomato and avocado.
- Drizzle with salsa and top with a large dollop of sour cream.
Pedersons Natural Farms