Whole 30 Bacon, Spinach, Tomato Breakfast Salad
Serving for 1!
The first time I read these poached egg instructions, I thought I was in over my head. These instructions are straight from the new Whole 30 Cookbook. And they work! I never knew poached eggs could be so easy! Try it out for yourself and do it exactly as described below. It’s always fun learning new tricks.
Here’s the ingredients you will need!
- 3 cups baby spinach (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1/4 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 slices of Pederson’s Natural Farms Fully Cooked Bacon (1 package) – now available online!
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- Sliced green onions (optional)
Fill up your serving bowl with your spinach, avocado, and tomatoes.
Remove the bacon from its package and crumble. Stir in your avocado oil and lemon juice.
*Poached Egg Instructions from The Whole30 Cookbook!
*Meanwhile fill a wide saucepan with 3 inches of water. Add the white vinegar and salt and bring to a boil over hight heat. Crack each egg into a separate small bowl. Gently slide each egg into the boiling water. Remove the pan from the heat, cover and let sit for 3 minutes for very soft yolks or 5 minutes for firm yolks. Remove the cooked eggs from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
Top your serving of spinach with your eggs, the bacon avocado oil mixture, and chopped green onions.